Tableware - Kobachi (set of 5)
Set of 5 kobachi small dishes. This is standard but essential Japanese tableware. In Japan you don't really eat your food on one large plate. Instead you put...
Set of 5 kobachi small dishes. This is standard but essential Japanese tableware. In Japan you don't really eat your food on one large plate. Instead you put each component in its own dish (think Korean banchan), and these are some of the types of dishes you'd use. These are about 3 inches in diameter and they'd be used for veggie sides, pickles, fruit, that sort of thing. Each person would get their own personal dish in front of them. Also, in Japan, you don't really match these dishes, you just mix and match from the collection you've put together throughout your life, so yeah, you can use this set to feed multiple people.
These are porcelain and made in Japan, so don't throw them in your dishwasher, just wash them by hand. Also please don't microwave.
We have very special and gorgeous Kate Blairstone 'Black Chrysanthemum' paper available as a gift wrap option for these!
*There's a sheet in the box with care instructions written in Japanese. Although well-intended, we found some of these instructions pretty funny, which might be the real reason we are sharing them with you here. But, in all seriousness, don't put these in the dishwasher, mind the scratchy bottoms, and for the love of Kami-sama try not to let them slip out of your hands!
1. Use these for tableware. Don't use items not intended for tableware as tableware.
2. Ceramics will break if you hit them against a hard surface or if you expose them to extreme temperatures.
3. Chipped or cracked ceramics may suddenly break.
4. If you put hot items in these dishes, the dishes will get hot.
5. Wash before using.
6. Sometimes ceramics can be slick so try not to let them slip out of your hands.
7. The base is not glazed so consider putting a placemat or cloth under ceramics.
8. Do not use in the oven/toaster oven/microwave.
9. Clean after each use. If you slack on cleaning them, they may get stained.
10. Wash with dish soap and a sponge.
11. Don't boil or wash or soak in scalding water (like in a dishwasher).
Wanna know more?
Call or text! 971-325-2889
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send us a DM on our Instagram
Fulamingo ships most of our stuff!
Shipping rates are calcuated at checkout when after you enter your address. It's usually between $8-$15 depending on the size and weight of your purchases.
*Unfortunately we can't yet ship alcohol or perishables.
Local pickup is free! Choose a pickup time before checkout and grab your order at Wellspent Market at 935 NE Couch.
Local delivery is free on orders over $75, otherwise we charge a $10 delivery fee.
Please see our FAQ for our Portland delivery area/zip codes.
Enter your zip code and select "Local Delivery" at checkout.
Please keep in mind that for orders containing alcohol, we may need to see the ID of the person who ordered to verify that you're 21+.